Many years ago, Alessandro’s father was diagnosed with chronic heart failure, experiencing major problems with body water overhydration because of the pathology. This personal experience has played a key role in understanding the problems and the needs from both the doctor’s and the patient’s perspective. Later, together with Edoardo, Alessandro’s colleague and co-founder, they realized that many cardiologic and nephrologic patients were sharing the same problems, meaning repeated hospital admissions and poor quality of life. 28 million patients are affected with heart failure worldwide and 60% of heart failure patients present chronic kidney disease Clinically, heart failure and chronic kidney disease are frequently associated with edema and body water overhydration which, if not controlled, may lead to pulmonary edema and eventually death. These patients need special monitoring. It has been demonstrated that by the time these patients leave the hospital after a first diagnosis, >50% of them will relapse and will be readmitted within 6 months. In 90% of these cases the re-hospitalizations are caused by body water decompensation events.
Body composition analysis
1. IMPROVE PATIENTS‘ CARE AND QUALITY OF LIFE
2. IMPROVE PATIENTS SELF-EMPOWERMENT
3. REDUCE UNNECESSARY HOSPITALIZATIONS AND CUT ON SANITATION COSTS
4. HELP REDUCE THE BURDEN OF CHRONIC DISEASES IN THE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
5. HELP REDUCE THE BURDEN OF ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY (AKI) IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES